Who doesn’t like bacon? This is a new spin on a classic BLT sandwich. I call it the Bacon Kale & Tomato salad, or BKT for short. This is a quick and easy Salad I love to eat along side a Juicy Steak.
Servings – 4 people
Prep Time – 20 minutes
- 1 bunch Kale
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 8 slices bacon crumbled
- 2 tbsp blue cheese dressing Ken’s Steak House Chunky Blue Cheese
- 1/2 cup croutons
- First lets heat the oven to 400° to get that bacon nice and crispy. Place bacon on a cooking sheet with some space in between each slice. Cook for 20mins. I have played around with many different temps and times, this has been the best by far. (may very a few minutes depending on oven).
- While you are baking the bacon, boil a pot of water to hard boil your eggs.
- Now take this time while the yummy bacon is baking & your eggs are boiling to wash and massage your kale. Cut the leaves away from the stalk and rip into bite sized pieces. Wash then dry with a paper towel to remove all moisture. Massage the kale until it has began to soften.
- Take your eggs, peel, and crumble just like your friend The Bacon.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Toss the croutons in.
- Grab your dressing, toss all your ingredients into a large mixing bowl, mix until everything is blended together. There you have it. A delicious twist on an old classic. The B.K.T Salad.
Quick, Easy, Enjoy!