Kale is a superfood that’s full of many vitamins that our bodies love. So let’s jam pack a salad full of some other delicious superfoods to make it a complete kale super salad. This is one of my first recipes. It’s a hearty salad that’s packed full of nutrition that you can enjoy as a full meal, or as a side.
Servings – 4 people
- 1/2 bunch Kale
- 1/2 cup Mixed Nuts
- 1/4 cup Soy Nuts
- 1 can Chickpeas a.k.a. Garbanzo Beans
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 dash salt & pepper
Start with pre-heating the oven to 425°
- Drain the chickpeas then place onto a paper towel. Gently place another paper towel on top and begin to roll the beans around till the outer skin is removed. Separate the skin and discard. Once all moisture is removed coat the bean with 1 TBSP olive oil, salt and pepper. Place onto a baking sheet and bake for 30-45mins. they are done when golden brown and crisp
- Now lets get the kale ready. Start with remove the stalks of the kale then rip the kale into bite-sized pieces. Next wash the kale and remove all moisture with a paper towel.
- After your kale is washed and has been torn into bite-sized pieces, place into a large bowl and take your other 1 TBSP of olive oil drizzle over the kale and squeeze your half of lemon in as well, then proceed to massage the kale. Thats right, I said massage. Work in the olive oil and lemon till the kale is all coated and kale had begun to soften.
- Once your kale has had its day at the spa, mix in the 1/2 cup mixed nuts. I use a mix containing pecans, pistachios, sunflower seeds, peanuts, and cashews. Use whichever mixture you enjoy. Add in you 1/2 cups dried cranberries, 1/2 cup soy nuts, and last but not least you add the 1/4 cup goat cheese. By the time you’ve combined these ingredients, your chick peas should be nice and toasty. Once these little guys have been added to the mix, mix everything all together.
- The final step is to enjoy your freshly made kale super food salad.